Monday, October 22, 2007

We are up and running!!!

Well after almost 4 VERY long weeks we are finally up and running with our internet service. We do not have our Vonage connected at this time but will be working on it this evening or tomorrow. We are all settling in well in our new home. The kids and Louie are doing just fine. It has hit me hardest of all. I feel like I have lost all of my freedom. I just started driving by myself last week. We are currently looking for a car. We did not realize that it was going to be so tough. The Malaysians want to add a 25% tax to all car sales to non-Malaysians. We have decide to import a car from Japan. People here drive like maniacs...including Louie. I sit in the front with my eyes closed most of the time. Madeline likes her new school. She has adjusted really well. She loves riding the bus. She is involved with gymnastics, soccer and Brownies after school. We have enrolled Malloree in a Montessori school. She will start in January. There are many Geckos in and around our house. They "poop" everywhere. It looks like mouse "poop." They can find their way in under any crack in the door or window. The weather isn't really that bad. It is really humid. We have rain almost every day. The thunder storms can get very crazy....our weather dog Eli informs us when one is on the way. We then don't see him again until they have passed. We live close to a Mosque. I can pretty much set my clock by the call to prayer in the mornings. The girls always ask what "song" they are singing. The Embassy is really nice. I met the Ambassador last week. He and his family are new as well. KL has more shopping malls than I can count. Of course, you can get knock off's in Chinatown. Florida's Nature brand orange juice is almost $8 for a 1/2 gallon. I paid over $10 for a pint of BR Jamoca Almond Fudge. Tostitos brand tortilla chips are almost $6 a bag. You have to buy all pork products in a different area of the market. Eating out is actually pretty reasonable. There are MANY restaurants to choose from. Well please visit our blog often. I will keep everyone updated as often as possible. Please feel free to comment if you like. We miss everyone very much!!! Please keep us in your prayers. I need it!!!!

19 comments:

Tracy Stubblefield said...

Pam, this blog is awesome! Thanks for updating us. We have been wondering how things are going for you guys! Love the pics...you look great! We love you so much and will keep you in our prayers.

Anonymous said...

Pamela

Good job on the Blog. It will be fun to see how you guys are doing. You are 100% correct, living abroad really does make you so grateful to be an American.

The whole family really looks great.

Don't feel too bad, we have geckos in our house here in Texas, probably not as many as you though. But you have us beat with the monkeys!

Love to all, Aunt Pat

Kathy Gray said...

I agree - this blog is awesome. You young people are so smart. I, too, love the pictures, you all look great. You have monkeys on the ledge, we have moose on the lawn. You have geckos in your house, we don't.
Take care. Love to all.
Kathy

Katie Reynolds said...

I'm glad you are all doing well. I was wondering when we would hear from you. Aunt Charolet told me about the incident w/ Mallory and Matthew in the bathroom. Good way to start a new house!

Paula said...

Love the pictures. We miss you all so much. Hope all is going well. Let us know when we can call you. Love ya

Paula

Anonymous said...

Pamela
Uncle Tom wants to know if you get better "treatment" from the locals if you told them your from Texas?

If so, we'll send you guys some hats & boots...

Love you, Aunt Pat

Anonymous said...

Hello Pam and Family! -

So glad to hear from you! Love the blog. How is my pal Eli!? Tell him my mom misses him. Try the greenbean milkshake for me!? I have my passport!

Tell everyone I said Hello!

Take care,
Kelli

ABUNASSER said...

Hey pam. It was good to see the pictures. Everyone looks good. I miss you all so much! In time you will get use to the way things are. Give it a little time and patience before you know it you will be home again. Tell the kids their Aunt Pat misses them very much! Let me know when you get the web cam up so we can talk. I dont like not being able to pick up the phone and get ahold of you. I felt lossed when the phone cut off the other day and I had no way to get ahold of you. Any how. I miss you all very much. We will sure miss you this halloween! Love Pat

olivia said...

Hey Lou, Pam, and kids,
It is so good to hear from you. You all look great, I can't wait to visit!!! Give everyone a kiss, incliding Eli. Please , please let me know if you need anything!!!, Love, Olivia

olivia said...

Also, HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!!

TwinsPlus2More said...

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!! It's good to have pictures to see you! We really miss you guys A LOT! Yesterday, out of the blue, Abby said, "I want Mal Mal!" I almost cried.

Madeline looks great in her new uniform. Malloree will love Montessori school. Kids learn well in that type of school. Everything is hands-on exploration.

Poor Matthew with those mosquito bites. Tell him that Andrew, Samantha, and Abby feel his pain.

Let us know when we can call. Miss you a bunch!
Love,
Chris, Kacey, Samantha, Sarah, Abby, Andrew, Sully & Boo
XOXOXOXOXO

Paula said...

Pam, have you thought about myspace. It also is a great way to keep in touch with people. here is mine address. katie and I talk on myspace. It is not just for teenagers like you might think. Tony and I have found friends that we have not talk to or seen in years. Also can see lots of pictures that I have posted. http://www.myspace.com/sashastop

Anonymous said...

Pam, the blog is absolutely brilliant! It's great to see you all together as a family even if it's not under ideal conditions.

Just remember you've come through alot and you can definetly come through this.

Holler if you need anything!!

Mom and Dad Monzon said...

Hi, Monzons:
I wonder if you could get one of those propane mosquito zappers that we have here in Alaska. Do you have regular sized propane tanks available? We hear they really work. Love you, Mom and Dad Monzon

Anonymous said...

Hi!
It is so good to hear from you!
Life sounds interesting --- an adventure is the best way to look at it. Can't wait to hear more about life in Malaysia!
S. Angela

Charlottte said...

I thought you were out and about this morning when I called. I love the blog. Denise is great for thinking of keeping in touch this way. Let me know if you need sos for Matthew. Ask the girls "Who i love" Tell them Nancy said hello. I love you all. Kisses and hugs to each of you.
Lol,
Mom

Debbie said...

Pam and Louie, you have such a beautiful family! Looks like you are enjoying your time there! Pam, my sister in law is friends with Jess Walters (local author) and she said his books are great! Talk to you soon! Happy Halloween!!!

Unknown said...

Hi Pam and Louie!
I love this blog and it looks like a great adventure! I am jealous! We just got back from Mexico yesterday and are adjusting back to the cold weather. We did Trick or Treat Town last night. Ailan was a beautiful Snow White! I am so excited to keep reading the blog and seeing the pictures of your adventures!
Love ya,
Nuri

Paul, Jackie and Boys said...

Hi Everyone
We love the pictures of the family.It looks like you are all adapting very well. Kiss the kids for us.

Love
Paul, Jackie and the boys