Saturday, October 27, 2007

Batu Caves




Tonight we visited the Batu Caves. I am glad that we went in the evening. It wasn't too hot, just humid. Madeline walked up all 272 steps without stopping. Louie carried the two smaller M's. I was exhausted once we arrived at the top. It was very interesting to see. Here is a little info on the Caves.

Batu Caves:

This is one of the holiest Hindu shrines in Malaysia and a popular tourist attraction. The Caves are popular not only for being the southern-most limestone outcrop in the Northern Hemisphere, but the labyrinth that makes up the Batu Caves also supports a variety of exotic wildlife. There is a 272-step concrete staircase leading to the temple cave. The main cave holds a shrine of Lord Subramaniam, a Hindu deity. A cave gallery is located at the foot of the caves featuring clay figurines and wall paintings depicting scenes and figures from Hindu mythology.

1 comment:

DRS said...

Very Cool! I love to hear about your "adventures"! Denise