Friday, August 15, 2008

Pilates with the monkeys

Well I told myself that I would do something just for ME when I returned to Malaysia. So I started taking a Pilate's exercise class. My friend Melissa is the instructor. Her daughter Jordan is in 2nd grade at ISKL with Madeline and her other daughter Sydney is at Kindicare with Malloree. So on MWF I am doing Pilate's. This was my first week. Monday afternoon after the class I thought to myself.....I am really not sore what is the "big deal" with Pilate's???? Well my body was going to let me know soon enough. I woke up around 2:30 Tuesday morning because it felt like someone had punched me in the ribs, stomach and lower back. On T & TH we are running. She ran my *#@ off. I could barely walk by Thursday evening. I know it will pay off in the end but oh my! We are doing Pilate's at someones apartment complex not to far from Kindicare. We are doing it right beside the pool outside. We were laying on our mats Wednesday doing our exercises when we notice a pack of monkeys sitting on the electrical wires above looking at us. I am thinking to myself....where am I? We just had our 20 year high school reunion and I was thinking to myself......20 years ago did I ever think that I would be living over in Malaysia (where is that country anyway??), doing Pilate's by the pool outside and watching the monkeys watch us???? Wow!

No comments: