Sunday, August 17, 2008

Canopy Walk in the FRIM





Today we took a jungle trek into the FRIM (Forest Research Institute of Malaysia). Our intentions were good...we started of carrying Matthew in a backpack. Well, that lasted maybe 15 minutes. Everyone else was walking and by gosh he was too!!! The plan of the day was to hike into the forest and take a canopy walk across the jungle. Louie wound up carrying Malloree and I wound up carrying Matthew. By the time we made it to the top I was soaking wet, Matthew was crying and Malloree was tired. Louie stayed back with Matthew...there was no way he was going back into the backpack to do the canopy walk. The girls and I did the walk. We were so high up. The canopy itself is nothing more than ladders, ropes and boards. The view was gorgeous. I couldn't look down...we were too high up. The girls loved it.

No comments: