Sunday, February 10, 2008

Busy Holiday Break




Louie and the kids had Friday and Saturday off in celebration of the Chinese New Year. It is the year of the rat and most places around here are celebrating it as the year of the mouse, that is Mickey Mouse. He is actually one of Matthew's favorites. Thursday we spent most of the day at the pool. That night Madeline's friend Mackenzie spent the night. Friday we went back to the pool. Later that day we had friends over and their three kids Raven(9), Liberty (7) and Sonny(3) spent the night. Let's just say by Saturday morning Louie and I were exhausted. Saturday went over to our British friends, the Shere's, house. They have Henry(10), Freddie(8) and Imogen(3). Their neighbors are Chinese and were having someone come over to perform the Lion dance. I believe that it is suppose to be good luck. The Lions came in and blessed all the rooms in the house. Just watching them was a sight. I don't have any pictures but you can google the Chinese Lion dance and see what comes up. After that we went to one of the shopping malls around KL. The boys went to the batting cages at the top of the mall, the girls went to the Art Attack craft store and Helen and I did some shopping. You can see a picture of the girls art work attached. Madeline made the bird cage and Malloree made the watering can. By Saturday evening we were all exhausted. Today was a catch up day. I have been doing laundry all day. I am still trying to find the other family that lives in the house with us......that's got to be why there is so much laundry :-)

No comments: